Thursday, May 28, 2009

May Day, May Day, It's Almost June!

So, in Heather's blog she states that this has been one of the busiest months ever--- well, I have to agree! After Easter it never seemed to slow down. First, it was a fun weekend away with my Bunko Babes (what a GREAT trip, by the way!). Then it was onto Character Quest preparation. This year I'm taking on a new role so I''m trying to get all of my volunteers in their right places, etc. Then we've had 2 weeks (EVERY DAY) of swimming lessons. Carson did a great job and really showed some great improvement! He's ready for the beach! Last week was Kindergarten Graduation--- and I don't just mean a cute little program--- I mean, the "Room Mom" had to organize refreshments, decorations, etc. for the special event. Keith and I have started teaching a Growing Kids God's Way class at church on Wednesday nights. And during all of this Carson has been playing soccer (or at least playing when it's not monsooning!!!). Poor little Campbell has just had to go along for the rie, but seems to make little friends everywhere he goes!
So, needless to say, we are ready for summer!!! Yes, the good, hot, sticky days of summer are just around the corner. I can almost taste the fresh, home- grown tomatoes, cook-outs with the family and the breathtaking smell of the ocean air (coming in only 1 1/2 short weeks!). AAHHH! Does it get any better than this?
The Graduate
Things are moving right along with our little garden!

Carson looks a little different with straight hair!


4 comments:

Brandi Hasley said...

Carson looks VERY different with straight hair. Too funny! I am glad your back...was beginning to worry about you...lol!

Kristin Amaro said...

Congrats, Carson!!

Heather said...

I can't believe Carson is now a 1st grader! They grow up too fast!!!

Rutledge 7 said...

Carson is so big! Love the garden!!