Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bunko Babes!


Growing up my parents got together with a group of friends once a month and played a game called Bunko (some spell it Bunco). The only thing I knew about it was that once a year they hosted it, a theme and prizes were involved, and alcohol was usually present (okay, okay, don't' get all uptight they didn't' get drunk or anything!!!???!!--- they were Catholic!). So, as I grew older and needed time out of the house every once in a while I started asking around to my friends about getting a Bunko group together. Well, I usually got 2 responses: 1. What in the world is Bunko? and 2. Sure! I played once as a fill- in for someone and it was really fun! So, being the planner I am I decided to start a group with some of my friends.
Now, for those of you who are totally lost as to what Bunko is, let me just say this... it is a dice game that requires absolutely no skill. So, are you ready to start your own group knowing the requirements? HA!
So, I play with 8 other girls which means that we have 2 tables (4 each). Each girl takes a month to host it at her house. The host feeds us (whether it's dinner, heavy hors' deuvers, sweets, etc.---- just no alcohol!) and usually doesn't play that night unless someone can't come. Each player puts in $5.25 each. I won't bore you with the details of how we score, etc., but I will say that someone will leave with $25, one person with $10, one with $5, and one with $2 in quarters! This year we even included an extra prize for the most baby bunkos!
The whole point for this is to have a great time once a month and to laugh your head off--- and that, we do! If you're looking to start a Bunko group go online and Google Bunko or Bunco! I promise - you will have a blast!

No comments: